We just don't need those old lures anymore, do we? We have these new fangled lures that catch fish and do about everything we need any lure to do. Just look at the new finishes compared to the old lures, the new blades on spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. And look at the color of the new worms we have now, why would we ever need anything else? Why in the world would we ever use those old lures? I can tell you why ... they catch fish!!
Well, wait a minute, Jim and I have caught thousands of bass on this lure. We have caught 7, 8, and 9 pound fish and never bent the hook. Maybe, just maybe, something else bent the hook besides a big bass on this other anglers lure. So, why did I quit using the Kelly's Stripe? I don't know! I just don't know! I really don't care that the pro's aren't using them, they caught bass for me. I don't care if they are already rigged with hooks, they caught bass for me. Here's the bottom line ... they caught bass for me!
Here is my point with all of this, if the lure caught bass for you, why aren't you using it? Just because it is old doesn't mean that lure that used to be your favorite still doesn't catch bass. It caught bass for you all those years you used it. And really? Really? Are the new lures any better or are they just newer? Do they really catch more bass? I doubt it! If they do it is probably because you are fishing them more than your old lure. That old lure was great in it's time, wasn't it? Well, guess what? It is still a great lure and still catches bass.
Manns Spinnerbait Search thousands of online items powered by the ebay search service to find the best deals on new and used fishing equipment.
- 2 Manns 18oz Ti-classic Titanium Wire Spinnerbaits Single Bladed Nos Rare$40.00
- Vintage Manns Undulator Spinnerbait Fishing Lure$6.99
- Manns Loudmouth Spinnerbait 38oz. White Wsilver Blades Eagle Claw Hook -usa$35.00
- Manns Bait Company Ctcft4-10 Classic Chartreuse Spinnerbait 12oz Fishing Lure$7.58
- Manns Bait Company Ctc4-10 Classic Chartreuse Spinnerbait 12oz Fishing Lure$7.58
- Manns Bait Company C4 Little George Silver Spinnerbait 14oz Fishing Lure$8.45
- Manns Bait Company Ctcwft4-10 Classic Titanium Spinnerbait 4in Fishing Lure$7.58
- Manns Bait Company C3 Little George Silver Spinnerbait 12oz Fishing Lure$9.74
- Manns Bait Company Hc2 Little George Silver Spinnerbait 12oz Fishing Lure$8.73
- Manns Bait Ml940 Mann-o Silverblack 2 Oz Fwsw Spinnerbait Fishing Lure$11.02
- Manns Bait Ml740 Mann-o Blacksilver 1 Oz Fwsw Spinnerbait Fishing Lure$10.51
- 14 Fishing Lure Spinnerbaits Strike King Mann Hawg Wsome Extras 3-6 L111$32.00
- 14 Fishing Lure Spinnerbaits Strike King Mann Glitter Wsome Extras 3-6 L110$32.00
- Manns Ctw4-10 The Classic Replacement Spinnerbait Trailer 4$6.42
- Manns Ctc4-10 The Classic Replacement Spinnerbait Trailer 4$6.42
- Proline Manns Bait Company Revenge Baits 3 Pc Variety Pack Spinnerbaits$9.99
- Manns Ctcft4-10 The Classic Replacement Spinnerbait Trailer 4$6.42
- Manns Ctwft4-10 The Classic Replacement Spinnerbait Trailer 4$6.42
- Manns Little George 12oz Hammered Silver Hammered Silver Hc2$14.95
- Manns Little George 12 Oz Chartreuse Ch2$3.99
- Manns Little George 34oz Chrome C3$3.99
- Manns Little George 12 Oz Hammered Chrome Hc2$3.00
The social behavior of fish, although not as complicated as other animals, can amaze you! They depend on edges like people depend on roads to move around. Fishing is not all about fishing line knots, if you've heard of the phrase "you have to think like one of them," then that's exactly what I want you to do here. Edges are typically their source of food, shelter and spawning areas. This has been proven in various fisheries studies and in one study, the fish was placed in a round tank and then a black electrical tape was ran along the bottom. The result was fascinating! The fish immediately recognized the line and each time it ventured away to feed it would always return to the line as if it was its personal safe haven. This research was featured in The National Geographic Channel as well as the Pursuit Channel on Roku.
The weedline is where longtime anglers usually work their lures and fishing line knots on, because it is parallel to edges and is a very good spot. Remember always to start from the outer rims of the edge in order to avoid scaring the fish away. Water is one of the most noise-conductive substances in the universe and even if fishes don't have a sense of hearing, they are extremely sensitive to the vibrations that it causes. Make a splash in the water and say goodbye to your would have been bass and walleyes catch of the day.
The northern pike which grows up to 45 inches long is just among the reasons why you should go to places like this. That kind of a catch will remain with you for life and believe you me, every catch is a different excitement.